Raising kids is hard.... like the hardest thing I have ever done. There is nothing in my life that I have wanted to right more than this. The crazy thing the longer I do it the more I know there is no right way.
We have lots of priorities for things when it comes to raising our kids.... we want them to know and love God, be kind to everyone, and be able to solve tough problems. One other high priority for - that they are healthy. I am not just talking healthy like I don't want sick kids occasionally (what mom does). I am talking like build to last healthy.
That is where this blog was born. Where my passion for nutrition was taken to another level. You can read about my own personal health journey here.
What I hope to help moms with:
- What to feed their kids to get them a balanced diets for their age specific needs.
- Simple, Simple solution that are actually achievable (not just pin-able). Changes that are simple but impactful.
- Way to get kids involved in the kitchen and learning about foods.
- Dinner recipes that you will like and your kids will actually eat!
I Can Eat This
This card game is a tool to help you get your child to try new fruits and vegetables
The game comes with:
- 26 fruit and vegetable cards to explore and learn about with your child.
- 26 recipes - each with 5 or fewer ingredients and steps
- Allergy-friendly alternatives: gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and refined sugar free.
- Kid-friendly recipes: dips, chips, fries, pizza, and even a boat!
- Inspiration that is simple and actually achievable.
UltraFlora Children’s is formulated for daily immune health and digestive support with a proprietary probiotic blend of B. lactis Bi-07 and L. acidophilus NCFM®, provided in a delicious, natural grape-flavored chewable tablet.
- Clinically demonstrated daily support for GI and immune health
- Helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora
- May facilitate the digestion of lactose
- Features xylitol, a natural sweetener that has been shown to help prevent tooth decay
- Great for kids and those who prefer chewables
This bottle of EPA and DHA is easy to include in milk or foods being served to your child. It has an orange flavor and can be consumed alone.
- DHA and EPA supports brain, heart and eye development
- These omega three fatty acids support general human devleopment
Aqueous Multi-Plus™ is a great tasting, easy to take liquid multiple vitamin/mineral supplement, suitable for children, especially those children who may have difficulty swallowing pills or capsules.
Basically, our kids need three things. fat, protein, and carbohydrates. Vegetables are the (healthy) carbohydrates in our diet. Vegetables also have tons of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. There are plenty of these that we can only find in vegetables. These vitamins are essential for things like eyesight, wound healing, and immune support.
This is my tried and true cough syrup recipe. I make this every time a cold shows up or allergies get a little crazy. I have seen an improvement in the coughing, and the length of time that cough hangs around.
Lets do this! Lets trick our kids into eating vegetables ALL over the place. There are a few vegetables (cough cough zucchini) that no matter how hard I try my little guy just wont eat them. So when I make something where they are "hidden" and he goes to town, well I just laugh to myself.
Introduce the color week... Green is what this post is all about. We basically spent a week learning and seeing the color green every where we could. It helped me come up with and try new snacks, crafts, and activities!