I have met very few people who don't like brownies. However, my husband would rather just not eat them unless they have ice cream on top. That I am not sure I totally get. Well these brownies have three sweet potatoes in them and he didn't need ice cream on top to enjoy them. Winning anyone?
The sweet potatoes actually act as a sweetener in this recipe, but they also make these brownies super fudge like. So, thanks to the sweet potato there is no refined sugar in these babies. If you have a kid who won't eat vegetables... just stand back and laugh as they devour these. This recipe doesn't disappoint give it a try.
This recipe is: Paleo, gluten free, and dairy free (with modifications).
- 2 cups sweet potato puree (3 small sweet potatoes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
How to Make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you haven't already cook the sweet potatoes. You can do tise by cutting them in half and coating with coconut oil. Put them face down on a baking sheet and cook for 40 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Remove the peel. Put the sweet potato in a food processor, blend until smooth. Add all the other ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend again until well combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pulse to combine.
- Pour into a well greased 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.