Oh cauliflower rice... I really do love you. You always come to the rescue on a quick dinner! I know you know that I am obsessed so I will spare you.
The first time I made this recipe my husband wouldn't shut up about it. He was crazy about it. I have to say I kinda am too. I am not even a teriyaki lover, but the pineapple just puts it over the top.
Watch the teriyaki sauce you buy. They generally have tons on sugar and lots of soy, both of which I would recommend avoiding. i linked to the one I use below.
This recipe is: paleo, Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and a quick dinner.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper, & garlic powder
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1 package cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper
How to Make it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put chicken in a corningware dish top with salt, pepper, garlic, and teriyaki sauce. Once oven is preheated put chicken in the oven and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- Cut up bell pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet on medium/high heat. Once pan is hot add in cauliflower and bell pepper. Cook for Five minutes.
- Then add coconut aminos and pineapple and cook for another five minutes.
- If chicken is still not doe just turn the rice mixture to low heat until chicken is finsihed.
Teriyaki sauce can be full of all kinds of sugar and soy, neither of which I would recommend as healthy. I was able to find a gluten free and soy free teriyaki sauce at my grocery store. If not you can order this on Amazon Prime.
Plating for Children
I would recommend keeping everything separate for them the first time. This dish has a lot of components that can be overwhelming. Serve with some extra sauce to dip just to make more interactive!