Fall heaven has happened. I love fall, like more than I sometimes feel is appropriate. Summer is basically like sitting with a glass of ice water I can't drink.... waiting for fall.
I know I am not "suppose" to like pumpkin spice because it is just so trendy.... but I don't care. I would tell any overly cool foodie that I would eat pumpkin spice anything. AND love it
Basically, I can't have any of it though. It is all full of sugar and wheat and orange food dyes. Want to really test my self control.... wave a pumpkin spice muffin in front of my face. SO... I made this easy, super yummy snacking treat.
And like I said it is fall heaven.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
How to Make it:
- Put all the ingredients, except corn kernels, in a medium sized pot. Warm on high heat.
- Get the lid of the pot handy. Once the oil is beginning to smoke add in corn. Be careful not to get hot oil on you.
- Put the lid on the container and begin to lightly shake the pot (this is to agitate the corn kennels into popping). Without the lid you will have popcorn flying all over your kitchen.
- Do not over cook, once popping slows remove from heat immediately and put into bowl.
Favorite Fall Things:
These are just a few of my favorite fall things right now... since i am obessed.