Man ya'll I have got you covered on this recipe! This has quickly become something requested by everyone in my house. It is a wholesome, comfort food dinner, with none of the fillers. After we have this meal I always feel so warm, like I am home. Couldn't really tell you why, but this dish is so rich and yummy.
All you need is one bowl and one pan. That is it! It takes about ten minutes to prep and then it is in the oven for 20 minutes! Ten minutes of hands on cooking... yes please! This is the meal I make when I don't have it in me to cook, but I want something yummy.
This recipe is: Paleo, Whole30, dairy free, gluten free, 1 pan, and takes 30 minutes.
- 1 bag of green beans*
- 1 bag of mixed mini potatoes*
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
How to Make it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut mini potatoes into bite sized pieces or fourths*. Put in a bowl with green beans, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Combine ingredients till vegetables are well coated. Put onto one side of a baking sheet.
- Open the can of tomatoes and drain. Put one cup of tomatoes in the same bowl, with remaining ingredients (beef, egg, salt, pepper, and almond flour)
- Use your hands to combine well. Form into four hamburger patties.
- Put hamburger patties on the same pan as green beans. Put into oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- To serve top the hamburger/meatloaf patties with remaining tomatoes from the can.
- Use your scissors to trim and cut the green beans, if desired. Saves tons of time.
- My grocery store (nothing fancy) sells rainbow mini potatoes (purple, white, and yellow). You don't have to have this, but it makes it more fun with the children and provides nutrient variety.
- The smaller you cut the potatoes the faster they will cook, and let's be honest if you have littles you are going to have to cut them small later on anyways.
Plating for Children
My kiddo doesn't like tomatoes, he doesn't notice them in the meat. However, he does notice them on top. I just serve it with some sugar free ketchup!.