This recipe is really very easy to make, and it doesn't have all the processed stuff that is traditionally in rice crispy treats. This recipe is sans marshmallow and I think it tastes even better without it!
Because this recipe is so simple it is a great one to get the kids involved in. I let mine help me with this one, and he loves it. He even spreads it out in the pan.
This recipe is: dairy free, gluten free, and egg free.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cup rice cereal (What I use, at my grocery store)
How To Make It:
- In a saucepan melt honey, almond butter, and coconut oil on medium/low heat.
- Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Once the ingredients in the saucepan are melted pour over the ingredients in the bowl. Combine.
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Pour ingredients into pan and press into place.
- Put in fridge till cool. Serve.