Cashew Butter Rice Crispy Treats
I love crunchy things. It is basically a real problem I have, because a crunchy cucumber is not the same thing as a crunchy potato chip. The struggle is real. This recipe totally meets the crunch need for me! Also cashew butter is basically my boyfriend. There are few things in this world that I love more. This recipe... man.
When I had the idea for this recipe I knew right off the bat I couldn't use marshmallows. Surprisingly it isn't because they have dairy. You would think that they do have dairy, but they don't.
The real reason is they are just full of artificial sweeteners. I pretty much try super hard to avoid this all together when it comes to me and my kids. A lot of it is selfish. I don't like how my kids act when they have artificial sugars.
From a health perspective artificial sweeteners pretty much cause all kinds of problems, like ALL kinds of problems. Here is a whole guest post I wrote on Baebe's blog The Crib.
Check out my plain rice crispy recipe here.
This recipe is: gluten free and dairy free.
Healthy Rice Crispy Treats
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup cashew butter (I use this)
- 1 T coconut oil
- 3 1/2 cups rice crispy (I use these)
- 1/4 cup gluten free pretzels (I use these)
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
How to Make it
- Take an 8x8 pan and line with parchment paper. You can cut a square to put onto the bottom of the pan.
- In a sauce pan on medium/low melt honey, oil, and cashew butter.
- Meanwhile, put rice crispy, pretzels, and salt in a bowl. Combine.
- Once ingredients are melted remove from heat. Add in vanilla.
- Pour over rice crispy mixture and combine.
- Pour into pan and press into place.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour before you serve.