I know... I know it is holiday season. I should be posting recipes about the holidays. However, in my house it is really just football season. I am fine with this because I absolutely love the food that comes along with football and tailgating! This appetizer will keep all your football guests very happy, I promise!
I had to show a little pride for my Texas Tech Red Raiders. I did my undergraduate degree at Tech, and man did I have the time of my life. This was back when I loved football, because my husband hadn't totally ruined it for me. I would actually wake up early on a Saturday to go to a game.
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2-3 adobe chill peppers (3.5 ounce can)
- 1 cup mayo (I use Chosen Foods, see below)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 a lime, juice
- 1 lb. chicken
- 1 package bacon
How to Make it:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Assemble the chicken bites. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces (I use my kitchen scissors). Cut bacon slices into thirds. Wrap bacon around the chicken and secure with a toothpick.
- Place all the chicken bites on your oven broiler pan (This way the fat drips through).Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- While the bites are baking make your sauce. Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- After the 20 minutes is up turn on the broiler and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
This recipe is: Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, and nut free.
I am able to get this at my local grocery store, but just in case here it is on Amazon.