This is my husband's favorite meal, and it may be mine too (because it is so simple). It is a one pan meal, which I am HUGE fan of. My little guy loves it. Asian beef stir fry is a win all around.
This recipe is: gluten free, dairy free, paleo, kid friendly, and can be nut free.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 3 heads of broccoli
- 1 bell pepper (optional)
- 4 T. of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of Coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
How to Make it:
1. Put ground beef in a large pan on medium to low heat and begin cooking. Staring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, wash and cut broccoli and bell pepper into bite sized pieces. Add to pan as you finish cutting. Add in coconut oil. Continue stirring.
3. Once meat is cooked through add in coconut amino. Stirring until vegetables are soft and cooked through.
4. Put the item in bowls to serve. For adults drizzle on top with Sriracha. Then top with cashews and cilantro.
- I have found if you cook ground beef on a lower setting it is more moist and tender.
- I would challenge you to eyeball the measurements. Measuring things just creates more dishes.
- If bottom of pan begins browning or you see more than normal smoke just add more coconut oil. One tablespoon at a time.
- If you would like to serve over brown rice that is a nice addition.
- For the littles. Mine loves having a side of coconut amino to dip everything in.